- Gharuda softwares and its subsidiaries* (“Gharuda softwares” or “we”, or “our” or “us”), are committed to protecting your personal information and respecting your privacy.
- In general, you can visit Gharuda.com on the Web without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. To the extent that you do provide information to Gharuda softwares, Gharuda softwares will never sell, rent or disclose your personally identifiable information to outside parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent. Gharuda softwares may disclose information to third parties in order to provide products and services to you, or related to products you have purchased from Gharuda softwares, as further described in this policy
Information That We Gather and Track
- Gharuda softwares only collects personal information which is reasonably necessary for its dealings with the individuals to whom the information relates. The types of personal information Gharuda softwares collects will depend on the particular dealings we have with you. However, generally, we collect and hold personal information about existing and prospective customers, our third party service providers and suppliers, and employment applicants.
- The types of personal information that we collect and hold about these individuals includes, but is not limited to:
- Personal identifiers, such as names, contact details (e.g. email address), job description and, if applicable, language spoken
- A customer’s payment details for the purpose of processing the purchase of our products and services
- Generally, Gharuda softwares collects personal information directly from the individuals concerned. For instance, there are times when we may need to collect information from you through our Web Sites. This generally involves filling out forms so you can download or order a Gharuda softwares or third party product from our Web Sites. When you download the products we require you to fill out a form with your name and email address.
- Gharuda softwares may also collect personal information about individuals indirectly from third parties, such as from our business partners, from third party providers of marketing lists, and through various other methods, including:
- IP addresses
- System information
- None of these methods can be used to identify, or reasonably identify, you with the exception of cookies, which can optionally store information that you may enter in forms on our Web Sites, as described below.
- Gharuda softwares may use Globally Unique Identifiers (GUIDs) to notify us of the installation of one of Gharuda softwares’s products.
- A "referrer" is the information passed along by a web browser that references the Web URL you linked from, and is automatically collected by our Web server. This information is collected and used by Gharuda softwares to understand the web sites referring traffic to our download pages and to present appropriate content to our potential customers. Referrer information is tabulated by Gharuda softwares on an aggregated basis to identify general trends and traffic patterns.
- From time to time, Gharuda softwares may enter into agreements with content partners that require Gharuda softwares to count the number of product downloads and/or product sales stemming from a referral from a content partner site. This information is collected, used and aggregated by Gharuda softwares to fulfil the reporting requirements of those agreements. This information may also be combined with the referrer information described above and tabulated on an aggregated basis to identify general trends and traffic patterns. At the time of product download and/or purchase, information you provide to Gharuda softwares, including personal information and referring URL’s, is collected in our web server logs and customer database and is kept strictly confidential and not shared with third parties.
- IP addresses are used by your computer every time you are connected to the Internet. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer so that data (such as the Web pages you request) can be sent to you. They are automatically gathered by our Web server. Gharuda softwares will not use your IP address to attempt to identify your personal information.
- System information we gather includes time, type of Web browser being used, the operating system/platform, and CPU speed. This information is sent automatically by your Web browser when you are connected to a Web Site and is used by Gharuda softwares only for broad demographic statistics. This information is used by Gharuda softwares in identifying broad demographic trends and may be used to provide information appropriate for your computer system. You will not be personally identified from this information.
What We Do With the Information We Gather and Track
- The personally identifiable information gathered from the forms you fill out on our Web Sites is used in one of five ways:
- To provide you with information about our products and services and select third party products, including product alerts, releases, upgrades and patches
- To ask you to participate in surveys about products, services, news and events
- To allow you to purchase and download products
- To aggregate broad demographic information in order to understand general user trends, and
- To ensure our compliance with export control and other applicable laws and regulations.
- At times Gharuda softwares retains contractors to perform services for Gharuda softwares internally in the course of our business. Consequently, they may have access to information about our customers in providing those services. Such limited access would be available only to the extent needed to perform the services, under the terms of an executed confidentiality and non-disclosure agreement with Gharuda softwares, with the requirement that such contractors keep the information strictly confidential and use the information solely on Gharuda softwares’s behalf. Gharuda softwares does not collect sensitive personal information regarding customers.
- In addition, Gharuda softwares discloses the personal information it collects to the following entities:
- Related entities within the Gharuda softwares Group, including to Gharuda softwares Software in the United States. As the parent company, Gharuda softwares Software provides products, support and operations services to its subsidiaries, including centralised corporate functions, such as information technology support and services, and accounting and finance support
Business partners for the purposes of providing services, support and products to customers
Third parties where disclosure is required or authorised by law
- Gharuda softwares takes reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it discloses to third parties, including to its related entities, is protected from misuse and unauthorised disclosure. Disclosure to any unrelated third party is subject to an executed confidentiality and non-disclosure agreement with Gharuda softwares, and the transfer of personal data between Gharuda softwares entities is subject to data transfer agreements which comply with European and other countries’ data protection regulations.
- The Gharuda softwares Web Sites contain links to other web sites. However, Gharuda softwares is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites.
What We Do with Information Gathered When You Acquire Third Party Products
- Gharuda softwares will never sell, rent or disclose to third parties our users’ personally identifiable information collected from the distribution of Gharuda softwares products or gathered on a Gharuda softwares Web Site. If you purchase a product or service developed or owned by a third party, Gharuda softwares may provide to the product owner or licensor the same information you provide to us for purposes of the third party providing the products or services to you.
Special Third Party Relationships
- On occasion, Gharuda softwares will offer our product users and Web Site visitors the opportunity to participate in third party or co-branded promotions, sweepstakes or special programs. The use of any information provided by a user in entering such a third party promotion will be specified prior to the user providing such information. We will also specify the manner in which such information is to be used. If your personal information is to be shared with a third party for such promotions, it will only be done so with your advance consent.
Communications to our Users
- In addition to product updates, promotional and informational e-mails that Gharuda softwares sends to its users from time to time, we may, on occasion, invite you to participate in a focus group, phone survey or send you postal mail.
- Once you supply us with personal information, such as an e-mail address, Gharuda softwares does not change the manner of usage of such information from its original purpose, unless we first obtain your informed consent.
Security of Personal and Payment Information
- Gharuda softwares maintains controls to provide security over certain financial information you provide us, including credit card details, during the purchase process. This is evidenced through:
- Use of secure connections using SSL to safeguard information when transmitted from the customer’s web browser to Gharuda softwares.
- Logical authentication security within the databases that store customer’s credit card numbers.
- Gharuda softwares employees are required to acknowledge that they understand and will strictly abide by our corporate policies with respect to the confidentiality of user personal information. Passwords are regularly changed pursuant to security protocols.
- Gharuda softwares transmits customer credit card information through a third party payment processor to its third party bank to process and complete credit card transactions. These third parties transmit and store the personal and financial information provided by customers for credit card transactions through secure systems with security technology, encryption and firewall protection.
- Please note that these vendors have their own privacy policies, and although Gharuda softwares’s agreement with them does not allow the other transacting party to use this information for anything other than providing payment services, Gharuda softwares is not responsible for their actions, including their information protection practices.
- You may prevent having Gharuda softwares use, transmit or share your personal and financial information for credit card transactions by not providing the information for this purpose and choosing another payment method. By providing this information for credit card transactions, you are consenting to its use in this manner for this purpose.
- When permitted or required by law, we may share information with additional third parties for purposes including response to legal process.
Google Analytics and Advertising
- Gharuda softwares uses all features of Google Analytics for Display Advertisers. This includes obtaining specific visitor cookie data, such as the source, medium and keyword used to visit our Web Sites. Google Analytics does not store any visitor-specific data and we will not use visitor-specific data in any way related to Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and Remarketing.
- Gharuda softwares uses remarketing with Google AdWords and analytics to display content-specific advertisements to visitors that have previously visited our site when those visitors go to other websites that have the Google Display Network implemented.
- Gharuda softwares and other third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on visitors’ past visits to our Web Sites.
- When creating remarketing lists, we cannot and do not use any sensitive information about users, including but not limited to health or medical history or information, financial status or other detailed information pertaining to a person’s finances, racial or ethnic origins, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, the commission or alleged commission of any crime, political opinions or beliefs, trade union membership, or sexual behavior or orientation.
- As Google AdWords advertisers, we are restricted from and will not perform the following actions:
- Running ads that collect Personally Identifiable Information (PII) including, but not limited to, email addresses, telephone numbers, and credit card numbers
- Creating a remarketing list or creating ad text that specifically targets users in ways that are outlined as prohibited
- You can opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertisers and opt out of customized Google Display Network ads by visiting the Ads Preferences Manager.
Access and correction of your personal information
- You may access and correct the personal information we hold about you by contacting us on the details set out below. Before we provide personal information to you, we may require you to verify your identity by providing us with identification documentation (e.g. drivers licence).
- We may recover from you our reasonable costs of supplying you with access to the information you seek.
- Gharuda softwares will generally provide individuals with access to the personal information we hold about them. However, in some circumstances, there may be legal, regulatory or administrative reasons to deny access to the requested information. If access is denied, Gharuda softwares will provide reasons for the denial (unless it would be unreasonable to do so).
Changes to our Privacy Policies
What Sites This Covers
- Gharuda softwares owns and maintains a variety of Web Sites. Each of these sites may have their own mailing lists or other methods of contacting customers. All of the sites follow this privacy statement for gathering information or sharing personally identifiable information with third parties.
- Gharuda softwares will use reasonable efforts to comply with this privacy statement and will take prompt corrective action when it learns of any failure to comply with its privacy statement. Because of the complex and constantly changing nature of our technology and business, Gharuda softwares does not guarantee error-free performance under this privacy statement. Gharuda softwares shall not be liable for any incidental, consequential or punitive damages relating to this privacy statement.